Name: Alejando Ogarrio Ramirez España
Professional ID: 155707
Address: Constituyentes 345 Piso 7, C.P. 11830, Mexico, CDMX
1.- Harvard Law School. LLM (Master of Laws) June 13, 1968.
2.- Universidad de las Américas.- M.B.A. (Master in Business Administration) June 4, 1971.
3.- Instituto Panamericano de Alta Dirección de Empresas (IPADE) Program on Advanced Management (1982-1983).
1.- Professor of Corporations’ Finance and Economics at the Escuela Libre de Derecho from 1973 to 1983.
2.- Professor of Law at the Escuela de Derecho at the programs organized by the University of Florida in Mexico (1973-1985).
3.- Visiting professor of International Business Law, at the European Institute of Business Administration INSEAD (1984-1985).
4.- Professor of Commercial Law and Corporations at the Escuela Libre de Derecho and Universidad Iberoamericana
5.- Director of Graduate Studies at the Escuela Libre de Derecho from 1990 to 2002 and Member of the Master’s Degree Committee.
6.- Professor of Contracts at the programs organized by the Mexican Bar.
- Partner of what is now Ogarrio Daguerre, S.C. since 1972.
- Representative of Mexico before the United Nations Commission on International Trade Law (UNCITRAL) (1990-2002) and Chairman of UNCITRAL (2001-2002).
- Member of the Commission of External Advisors to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Member and President of the Mexican Academy of Private International and Comparative Law (1996-1997).
- President of the Mexican Bar (1999-2000).
- Member of: International Bar Association (Chair of its Bar Issues Commission in 2007-2008 and honorary life member of the IBA’s Council and the Association); Interamerican Bar Association; Union International des Avocats; American Bar Association.
ASOCIACIONES A QUE PERTENECE
Barra Mexicana, Colegio de Abogados; International Bar Association (Presidente de la Comisión de Barras 2007-2008 y miembro honorario vitalicio del Consejo y de la Asociación desde 2010); Federación Interamericana de Abogados; Union Internationale des Avocats; Ilustre y Nacional Colegio de Abogados; Academia Mexicana de Derecho Internacional Privado y Comparado.
Participant in the program of International Arbitrator Training held in Vancouver, B.C. Canada on April 1994 given by the AAA and the Arbitration Center of British Columbia.
- Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (FCIArb).
- Member of the London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA).
- Member and President (2009-2010) of the Instituto Mexicano de la Mediación (Mexican Mediation Institute).
- Member and President (2011-2012) of the Instituto Mexicano del Arbitraje (Mexican Arbitration Institute).
- Member and President (2017- ) of the Arbitration Commission of the International Chamber of Commerce, Mexico Section.
- Member of the Group formed in accordance with article 2022 of the NAFTA in connection with dispute resolutions in the NAFTA area.
- Member of the International Court of Arbitration of the International Chamber of Commerce (2012-2018).
- Speaker in the Seminar on ADR organized in Mexico City in March 1999 by the Group of 2022 of the NAFTA.
- Professor of Arbitration in the programs organized by the ICC (Mexico) at the Escuela Libre de Derecho.
- Professor of Arbitration in the Master of Law program of the Escuela Libre de Derecho.
- Professor of Arbitration at the programs of the Centro de Arbitraje de México (CAM) (Mexico Arbitration Center).
- Member of CPR’S Panel of Neutrals.
- Author of several articles on international commercial arbitration.
I have acted as presiding, sole, and party appointed arbitrator in more than seventy international arbitrations relating to inter alia, airports, banking, broadcasting, construction, concessions from governments, disputes between states and between investors and state companies, distributorship, electricity, financial options, franchise, insurance and re-insurance, investments, joint ventures, licensing, media, oil (refineries, and deep water production), railroads, real state, sales, shale gas, shareholders disputes, telecom, turnkey projects, on:
1.- International arbitrations administered by the ICC, LCIA and CIAC.
2.- International arbitrations administered by the American Arbitration Association (AAA and ICDR)
3.- International ad hoc arbitrations.
4.- Arbitration under Chapter XIX of NAFTA.
5.- Arbitration under Chapter XX of NAFTA (State to State Disputes).
6.- Arbitrations administered by the Arbitration Center of Mexico (CAM).
7.- Arbitrations administered by the Mexico City Chamber of Commerce.